Understanding the different types of Software Quality Control and Quality Assurance techniques isn’t just for aspiring IT experts. As a small business owner or an employer, you need to spend some time learning about the industry’s best practices.
Statistics show software bugs and unresolved errors are costly nuisances for a business. They can lead to regulatory problems, data problems, and employee dissatisfaction. According to the Consortium for Information and Software Quality, software problems led to a cumulative cost of $2.08 trillion to businesses in the US.
Software testing is a vital part of IT support and maintenance. It can ensure your organization’s IT system is free of bugs and breaches. In this blog, Vates’ robust software development and application testing team discusses two highly popular software testing techniques.
Let’s delve deeper to learn all about the two concepts and their importance.
Software applications and systems are prone to risks such as data breaches, access control problems, and cyber SOP compliance. Moreover, they might also succumb to visual defects like malfunctioning toggles, slow speed, and missing features.
In either case, you should seek assistance from qualified software testing experts. Software retesting, as the name suggests, refers to the rechecking process. It’s conducted on existing visual and backend features and their functionality. It’s performed after the initial software testing is complete and your team wants to validate the outcomes.
Vates specializes in custom software development and IT consultancy services assisting businesses to take the right steps at the right time. Our IT solutions are considered the best in town. We have offices in Cordoba, Argentina, Santiago de Chile, and Buenos Aires with local and international client bases. We can revise and integrate all the different aspects of your business’s IT structure, diversify internal operations, and improve system functionality.
When Does a Software Need Software Retesting?
Software retesting is the quickest and easiest way to maximize your system’s efficiency. Here’s when you should consider performing it:
- Ensure that particular features or components are working properly
- Test a fixed feature for quality assurance
- Assess and confirm that an identified bug has been removed properly
Vates focuses on equipping small, medium, and established businesses with the tools and techniques to prevent IT project failures. Our team has put forth the most common reasons for an IT project failure in this blog. Our IT consultancy and software development team knows everything that can go wrong in an IT strategy.
Regression testing is performed after software retesting to ensure that a bug or virus hasn’t caused the butterfly effect. In simpler terms, you can call it a preventive measure to steer clear of unwanted defects in different software features and modules.
Regression testing also takes code and upgrade changes into account. For example, a fresh software upgrade can take time to settle into your system. Meanwhile, it can cause speed and loading issues. This is when regression testing can help you mitigate functional issues and reaffirm the system’s operations.
When Does a Software Need Regression Testing?
Call your software testing team for a quick regression test when:
- Your firm’s software has undergone an update
- You’ve installed new features in your software
- Your software testing team found a defect in the system and rectified it
Our IT consultancy experts know about all the different types of digital tools, business apps, and integration networks to streamline a tech project.
Vates has an impeccable IT consultancy and big data firm offering high-end nearshore IT consultancy, software development, and IT maintenance and support services. We can help you identify the grey areas in your IT strategy and suggest necessary updates.
More Differences Between Regression Testing and Software Retesting
In this section, our team has penned down all the differences between the two testing techniques:
- Retesting is a targeted operation on fixed bugs, whereas regression testing is performed to identify new issues in a system.
- Retesting assesses whether or not a fixed feature’s functionality has been restored. Regress testing analyzes if a software update is valid and necessary.
- Software retesting is manual, while regression testing relies on advanced and automated techniques such as blanket assessments
- Retesting is not a compulsory part of software testing, whereas regression testing is a critical component that software teams cannot miss out on
- Software retesting is a high-priority tool to detect the removal of fixed bugs. On the other hand, regression testing isn’t as important as its counterpart. The latter is a clean sweep that aims to identify potential system issues
- Retesting is not a lengthy process; however, it can take up to one-two hour depending on the complexity of a software application
So the chief difference between the two software testing techniques is clear: Retesting checks the accuracy and quality of bug fixes, and regression tests detect unknown issues in a software application.
Vates has a top-of-the-line IT consultancy and strategic planning team that can curate an attainable and pragmatic tech project timeline for your business. We start by assessing your current business model and work our way forward to meeting the desired objectives.
Why Are Software Retesting and Regression Testing Important
Your firm’s IT system can fail without quality software testing. For example, more than 100 flights at London’s Heathrow Airport were disrupted due to an operational defect. It can be a prime example of how a malfunctioning software system can cost millions to a company. Small businesses cannot simply afford such hiccups that’s why it’s more important for them to conduct regular software upgrades and testing.
Delaying software testing and quality control can also lead to cyber-attacks. Reports suggest that cybercriminals will get stronger and try newer, cleverer with time. Cyber-attacks and data thefts are expected to cost approximately $10.5 trillion by 2025 globally.
Our custom software developers ensure that all the phases of software development lifecycles are met and vetted, leaving no room for errors. You can trust us with SLDC verifications, data migration, system integration, and performance measurement every step of the way!
The Connection Between Regression Testing and Software Retesting
Reading this blog must’ve clarified your confusion about the differences between regression testing and retesting techniques. However, note that both procedures go hand in hand. Vates recommends you rely on professional software experts who can implement the latest tools to debug your organizational software.
Both regression testing and software retesting happen side by side. You must always carry both tests on real devices for maximum accuracy and efficiency. It’s also important to perform both tests on cloud storage servers, smartphone applications, and integration networks.
So if you want to keep your business running, you must hire professional application testing experts right away!
At Vates, our IoT, IT, Blockchain, and Atlassian experts can help your business achieve unparalleled success. Information Technology is your weapon against increasing market competition and challenges.
How to Know Whether or Not Your Team is Up To the Mark?
This is something many small and mid-sized business owners fail to understand. Hiring a competent software testing team has a long-lasting impact on your firm. Following are the key qualities you must ensure in a software testing expert:
- An in-depth understanding of your product and its unique features
- Ability to manage tight deadlines
- Co-relate different software applications to maximize your product’s performance
- Strong grip on end-users, their preferences, and expectations
- Strong analytical abilities
- Robust programming skills and completer know-how of automation tools, user-interface solutions, and database validation
- Backend skills like an application programming interface, object access controls, and data migration
- Complete knowledge of software testing tools like SQL, integrated development requirements, programming libraries, quality assurance, Ruby, and PHP.
Allow Vates’ Credible Software Development and Application Testing Team to Ensure Your Software’s Security
Vates is a credible name in the list of the most credible, high-performing, and professional IT services providers. We’re known for our robust IT consultancy, support and management, Big Data, and IoT services, among much more. Our lead is also well-versed in ExO Launchpad processes and can help you take your business to the next level!
We also offer professional software development services, update and risk mitigation, and Internet of Behavior modules. Talk to us today and hire the best nearshore software development and IT integration team.